Sunday, November 7, 2010

Enough touching it. Make it already.

The last several times that I have indulged my knitting addiction at Baskets of Yarn, I have admired this super cute baby sweater that Judy knitted up. It's a Knitting Pure and Simple pattern (#211) and every time I go to the shop, I walk directly to the sweater and touch it and examine the stitches and finally on Saturday, I decided enough is enough. It's time to make it. So, I bought three skeins of the wool that I will need to make it and I finally just bought the pattern as well. I'm very excited to get started on it, but first I am going to work hard to finish the feather and fan shawl that I have been working on for the last week. It's coming along really well but I still have a ways to go. It's nice to sit down at night with a diet root beer and some quiet time and work and watch this lacy shawl grow. I think about who will get it. Maybe someone I love. Maybe someone I don't know. I haven't decided yet but what I do know is that I love the yarn's color. It isn't the softest yarn I have ever used, so when I make another one I will probably go with I love this yarn from Hobby Lobby, or maybe even Caron Simply Soft. All in good time I'll figure it out. Now though, I need to take my comforter to be cleaned and then go to Mom and Dad's for homemade chili. Sounds like an A-okay day to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment