Wednesday, April 20, 2011

I think I have knitting ADD

These days I have about a gazillion projects scattered around my house waiting for attention. I don't know why, but the instant I get a pattern, I feel I must cast on for that project or risk never starting and eventually completing it. I have a sock that I'm doing with magic loop on a long circular needle but very sadly I have pretty much no idea where the first sock that I completed about a week ago is hiding. It's surely in one of my many baskets or bags, but the daunting task of locating it is staring me in the face and I know that sooner or later I will have to start digging through the endless pile of WIP's that I have surrounding me right now.
I'm searching for an intarsia chart for a star or a heart that I would like to work into a really basic top down raglan sweater. If you happen to have one, or know where I could find one, please share! I have tried ravelry and of course the master of all knowledge, google. I have yet to find one that will work for this little sweater, so I will search until I find one, or until I get to the body of the sweater. Which ever comes first.
I had a guild meeting tonight. I can't even describe the satisfaction and comfort that comes from being surrounded by women who love playing with sticks and string as much as I do. I love the wide variety of ages and back rounds in our group. I'm really looking forward to working with them all as the president  in the coming year. I have already recruited some new (hopefully) members. It's funny really. I can be pretty much anywhere and somehow I manage to start talking about the guild, and I end up writing down information about our meeting times and places. One time I was out for dinner with my family and an older lady commented on the sweater I was wearing. She asked if I had made it and when I told her that I had, we got to talking and she showed a lot of interest. Then another time, when we were at PetSmart talking with the group we adopted Joey from, one of the volunteers with the shelter he was at made a comment about the scarf Julie was wearing, so again we got into talking about the guild and though neither of these women have come to a meeting, I know that spreading the word is going to bring more people to our group to share our love of this art.
Tomorrow is Maundy Thursday. I'm not sure if I will make it to church at 7 because I am having dinner with a great friend, but for sure I will be there on Friday evening. I will be glad when lent is over. Holy week is always a sad week when I stop and reflect on what Jesus gave for my sin to be forgiven. Easter is fun and for some kids full of magic and candy, but we are working really hard to make sure our kids know the true meaning behind the day, and appreciate the sacrifice of their savior for them.
I'm about two shakes of a lamb's tail away from getting into bed and drifting to sleep. Good night, knitters!

No comments:

Post a Comment