Monday, March 12, 2012

Chicken Ceaser Euphoria....?

15 hats, ladies and gentlemen! 15 hats ready for 15 little teeny tiny heads! I'm almost half way there. I know I can do it. I admit, I have had to take a couple of breaks from hats because after awhile you just have to knit something else for a little bit. So my last sleeve is over half way done on the infamous purple sweater.....and of course we have been having spring like temps lately so who knows if I will be able to wear it before winter hits again, but at least I will have the satisfaction of knowing that it is done and ready to wear when Wisconsin gets cold. Maybe that will be in November, or maybe it will be next week. One just never really knows for sure.

So I think I'm actually addicted to something else now. A few days ago I posted about my undying love of chicken ceasar salad. Not only are they pretty healthy and low in carbs, they taste really gosh darn good. I've noticed that whether I get one from take out, or make it at home myself, when I'm done eating it I feel this sense of euphoria. It is the weirdest thing. I could be in the worst mood ever and sit down with a chicken ceasar and some kind of carb on the side (fries or bread) and I am transformed and I feel empowered. All this because of a salad? It's so weird. But my new obsession is helping me take some of this winter weight off. I'm planning to start my new running program soon. You remember, the one where I pretend that an evil snake/knife wielding clown is chasing me. Now that I'm almost 30 I have found I care a lot less about what I look like. If someone finds my running down the street looking like Kermit the frog offensive, then I suggest you stay off of LaFond Avenue between 6 and 7 pm. I know if I make it fun I will continue to do it, and everyone remembers running like that as kids towards the swings at the park, to the monkey bars at school, away from the fat red headed kid who used to threaten to kill his mom if she didn't take him to KFC.....the good old days! (For those of you who have doubts, this kid exists, just ask my childhood best friend and neighbor Mike Lancour...)
Well, my ode to the ceasar salad has been made and now it is time for these amazing and energetic kids to lay down and recharge their batteries a little bit. It was not too muddy this morning, so we took our lunch outside and ate and enjoyed some fresh air and it tired these guys out! I want to knit while they sleep but I have instructions to finally get my taxes together from my husband, so if I want to keep enjoying my ceasar salads I suppose I better not ruffle his feathers and get that done.

My friends and family, you are all in my prayers that you are healthy, happy, and loved. Share a smile with someone today. It might turn their whole day around. Share the peace and be good!

No comments:

Post a Comment