Saturday, March 24, 2012

Life is full of disappointments....

I realize that things are not always going to turn out perfectly. Sometimes the noodles will not be straight in your pan of lasagna. Sometimes you will cut your bangs yourself and trim your split ends and wind up looking like Dudley Moore. But few things are more disappointing than pulling a biore strip off your nose after letting it dry for 15 minutes and finding that there is no yucky fuzz on it. It makes me feel like I have just wasted 15 minutes of my life and allowed my dignity to be compromised by having a white bandage on my nose. It pretty much shouts to the world that I have oily skin and dirty pores (or at least I think I do and if no one looks at the strip after you pull it off, they will think I do too) And what is also disappointing is when you get a whole mess of dirt and oil on the strip, and no one wants to look at it with you. I feel like some kind of freak of nature as I stare at the "forest of ick" as I like to call it on my biore strip, and no one looks! People go so far as to call me a sicko and put their hands to their mouths as they move quickly away from me. I just want to show people my accomplishment.It's not like I want them to touch it. Though if they wanted to it would be fine with me. I don't plan to put the dirt and oil back into my skin.

Today was fine. We have day one of our first responder refresher down and just two to go. I had a few red faced moments during the practical sections of the class. First of all, while trying to do an emergency move on a patient (who happened to be my husband) my wrist gave out and I dropped him. Right on the floor. In front of everyone. I felt awful but when I saw he was alright I did have to chuckle. Someone said if I kept doing things like that I would end up on a Primetime special and I just replied with, "Primetime is a good show, but I've always wanted to be on Snapped!" Not sure my husband will sleep very well tonight, but I'm not sure if it will be because he's concerned about what I may or may not do, or his aching butt from being dropped on the floor. When we were reviewing how to set up oxygen, I remembered my very first class when I was learning this for the first time and I cracked the cylinder and the noise startled me so I let go and the powerful blast of air blew everyone's books and notebooks across the room. That was definitely not one of my finer moments. The whole class was silent and the instructor had that "Really? Did you really just do that?" look on his face. Ah, the good old days of being a rookie. At least I have moved from mishandling potential missiles to dropping patients. Its not THAT far to the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment