Saturday, March 3, 2012

A Nice Quiet Saturday

It's the weekend. Laundry is caught up for the most part, the house is clean, and I am ready for a couple days of relaxation and rest and devotion. Julie has swimming at 11:15 this morning, and after taking a day long break from hat knitting I think I am ready to pick up the circs again and get going. I did start a prayer shawl last night but I know I don't have enough yarn to finish it, so I'm going to pick up a skein here and a skein there and let it be one of those "go to" projects that I can work on in between hats. I ripped out the entire collar of my infamous purple sweater and have to pick up the stitches and get it going again. I definitely think I will stop trying to be creative with it and create an elaborate collar and just stick with what the pattern says. Had I done that in the first place, I would be done. I've ripped the collar out twice and I really hope the third time is the charm. I want to wear this thing before we are in the dog days of summer.

Life without Facebook is going extremely well. I'm noticing that when I do go online it's either to blog, or read the local news. Oh, and of course check out pinterest. So who knows....at the end of the 40 days perhaps I will only check Facebook every now and then. I really don't miss it nearly as much as I thought I would. The first week was kind of hard and the temptation was pretty strong, but it was much easier this week. Kind of like life before Facebook! I like it...

Have you seen the Folgers commercial with the women doing Zumba yet? Every time I see it, I want to sign up for Zumba and start shaking some calories off. I am still practicing yoga regularly and it has made a huge difference in many aspects of my life. I feel great, weight is starting to come off, and I'm a lot more relaxed. I did something to my back on Thursday, and instead of medicating for the pain during the day, I've been doing some good restorative poses and it's slowly healing the pain. I just feel like yoga has given me the ability to be more patient and relaxed. If you've never tried it, definitely give it a go. You won't regret it!

On top of yoga, I did think up a new running program I'm excited to try. My husband is not really excited to try this because he already has enough people commenting to him that living with me must be a challenge, but I really think this might catch on. All you have to do is get your playlist on you iPod or mp3 player going and convince yourself that there is an evil knife wielding clown with rattle snakes crawling around it chasing you. Or if that doesn't completely scare the bejeezus out of you, pick whatever evil entity does scare the bejeezus out of you and let yourself take off. To take a little advice off of Phoebe on Friends, who really cares if people star at you while you are running like Kermit the frog down the street. It's only for a second and then you're gone. And since this scenario is real in your mind, you can just tell yourself that evil clown will eat the person judging you. I think this is a great way to tie imagination in with exercise and well being. I can't wait to give it a try.

On another note, I watched Billy the Exterminator tangle up with a 15ft python under a house last night. All by myself. I was pretty sure that said python was somewhere in my house after watching that. My husband really doesn't appreciate being woke up in the middle of the night to walk me to the bathroom so a burmese python that isn't even in Wisconsin let alone in my house doesn't attack me and squeeze the life out of me. The moral of the story I guess, is don't watch shows about gigantic snakes at night before bed all by yourself when snakes are the scariest thing that live in your world. My mind is definitely a busy place. Did you know that cats have 244 bones in their bodies? That's crazy!

Well I suppose I better get in the shower and get ready to take the bug to swimming lessons. Afterwards I'm going to work on better communication strategies with my cat. I think he might be depressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment